All students are required to take a minimum of 5 credits (1 year) of instruction in a world language.
- Four levels of French, Spanish, and German instruction are offered. Chinese I and II are also offered. This sequence is designed to provide students with a continuum of learning activities, which develop the student's fluency in speaking, listening, reading comprehension and the ability to write in the target language.
- Students may opt to begin a new world language or build upon the student's three-year middle school world language experience, by pursuing further study of the same language begun in middle school.
- Classroom activities focus on providing the student with an appreciation of the culture(s) associated with the target language with an emphasis on the social, historical, literary, and artistic aspects of the culture.
AP Spanish, AP German, AP French are offered.
- Extra-curricular activities including the French Club, German Club, and Spanish Club are available for students who wish to extend their world language/cultural experience beyond the classroom.
- World language students may also be eligible to take competitive national language exams.
- AP French, German and Spanish students may also receive college credit if they maintain at least a "B" average and opt for the dual credit option through Gloucester County College.