Washington Township High School Tri-M Honor Society Seeks Community Participants for Annual Benefit Orchestra Concert
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP – The Tri-M Music Honor society of Washington Township High School is sponsoring its third annual Symphony Orchestra Benefit Concert on Wednesday, April 19, 2017, at 7:30 p.m. in the Investors Bank Performing Arts Center (IBPAC). And it’s looking for adults, alumni, high school and even middle school students to take part in the performance.
Participants will get to play with the orchestra under guest conductor Matthew B. Dell. The Brooklyn-based Dell became music director of the Rowan Youth Orchestra in 2013. Previously, he served as music director of the Michigan Pops Orchestra, and as assistant conductor of the orchestras of the University of Michigan, Central Kentucky Youth Orchestra, and the Saybrook Orchestra of Yale.
All adults, alumni and high school musicians from all groups are welcome to join. To do so, submit the form located at https://goo.gl/forms/0QQuzGZ84d5524b43
by Monday, March 6th. Middle school musicians may join by having their teacher send a recommendation to WTHS Orchestra Director Judy Pagon by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. The rehearsal schedule for participants is as follows:
– 6:30 to 9 p.m. in the IBPACMarch 21
– 6:30 to 9 p.m. in the Band Room (C-21 of WTHS)April 3
– 6:30 to 9 p.m. in the Band RoomApril 17
– 6:30 to 9 p.m. in the IBPACApril 18
– 6:30 to 9 p.m. in the IBPACMusic the symphony orchestra will perform includes:
- From Disney: “Little Mermaid” and “Beauty and the Beast”
- From Broadway: “Wicked” and “Hamilton”
- From the symphonic repertoire – “9th Symphony” by Dvorak ("New World"); “Pines of Rome” by Respighi; and “Russian Sailor's Dance” by Gliere
- Vocal solo performed by the winner of a competition
- Concerto by the winner of an instrumental concerto competition
Proceeds from the evening will benefit Partners in Learning, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to providing young children with autism spectrum disorders with the highest-quality Applied Behavior Analysis program in the least-restrictive, natural setting.
For more information, visit the Tri-M website at http://twptrim.com/symphony-orchestra/ or email Mrs. Pagon at email@example.com. Interested participants also can join the group’s Remind 101 by texting @twpsymph17 to 81010.
- WTPS -